Thursday, March 31, 2011

How are i-Pads being used

I have been using i-Pads in my class since November.  While learning how to implement this technology in a way that is most effective for student learning I have made a rather startling observation, at least in my opinion.  With this machine that was designed for consuming media of all types the main use I have for it in my class is connecting to the internet.  

I do use several apps specifically the Pearson e-Text, Pearson Games, Neon lite, and Stack the States, but when it comes to everyday use I typically send my students to the internet.  As I use the i-Pads more and more I find myself having students respond to questions on my class website.  Quia is a site that I have written about here previously is internet based as well.  Many times in class when a question arises I have my class researcher use the i-Pad to find the answer.

This makes me wonder if I am using this technology the way it was intended.  I haven't had my students master several different apps and they are not using the iBooks.  It's not that I don't want to use these things and I fully intend to integrate them into my class, but as of now I am finding myself using the i-Pads as a way for my students to respond and demonstrate their learning.

If you are an educator who is using i-Pads I would very much like to know how you are using them.  I would also like to know how much you are using the i-Pad to access the internet as compared to using apps, viewing video, or reading.

1 comment:

  1. I invite you to visit and follow my blog. I've enjoyed viewing yours and will continue to follow.

    http://ipoduseforsolremediation.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete