Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week of February 28 - March 4

This week has been the kind of week where you just fly by the seat of your pants.  All teachers I know have these types of weeks where you have meeting after meeting after meeting.  So what does that have to do with iPads?  Well I have to say that they have been a tremendous help in getting me through this week.  The eText has been a specific tool that has helped me pull lessons together.

My classes have been learning about the major events and turing points in World War II.  The eText has the same maps as a regular textbook, but unlike the traditional textbook students can zoom and and focus on specific geographic areas.  We have used these maps to locate the Axis and Allied powers, analyze the movements of Germany's army in Europe, and describe  and sequence the Allied island hopping campaign in the Pacific theater.   These lessons can be very dry, but iPads increases student engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment