Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What the kids think

I wanted to show some of my students responses to a question that I posted on my class blog last week.  I chose to post the best written responses.  Not all of them were positive about aspects of the eText, but only one students said they did not like using the iPads in class regularly.
(my original post)
What do you think about the iPads
We have been using the iPads in class almost everyday for the past two weeks, and now that you are becoming more used to operating them I would like to ask you two questions.

1.  How do you like taking your assessments on the iPads?  Please give me more than a "I like it," or "I hate it" answer.  I am looking for your true thoughts so I can use this technology to best help you succeed. 


2.  How would you like to see the iPads used in class?  What have we done with them that you like and do you have any suggestions.  Keep in mind we don't have any money for apps so be creative. 

(student response)
1. I liked using the iPads for our assments.I think using the iPads made it more interesting I don't like the text though. But Ihave to admit that is better than reading from a plan text book. 2. I think it'd be cool to use the ipad for a review game. Using neon pad, and playing a charades type of game I think that be pretty neat personally.

(student response)
The IPads are really fun to use, I like to play games,use the neon pad,and using etex because it's way more interesting and fun to use than paper and pencil.I especially like taking tests on the IPad so when we write the essays, my hand doesn't get tierd..haha ;)

(student response)
I like to use the maps part of the iPad and I like the way we do are warm ups I think one thing that would be perrty cool would use maps to look up were the people that we are studing about lived

(student response)
I enjoy using them because they relate to kids these days and our technology. They make you focus more cause it's touch and u pay more attention to the ipad than paper. My favorite app is maps. You get to look at the world and explore. That's why i like the iPads.

(student response)
I think use the iPads are fun and doing notes would be more evormential safe for trees so we don't use so much paper

(student response)
I think the iPads are cool because it's better than sitting in class doing nothing but reading from our note books with I pads you get to take a break from notes. I don't like the e text, I don't know why but I just don't like it!

(student response)
I really do like getting to use the iPads for testing and class work. I think the way that we use the iPads right now is helping me with testing, because i pay attention better to more interactive things as opposed to just flipping pages in a notebook. I love the apps that we already have i just wish that we could use them more often for other things in class(:

(student response)
I love using the iPads more then I do notebooks because they are more useful to me and I like electronics and stuff that is hands one. Secondly I would like to see more types of games to help us learn instead of answer choices. BYE!!!!!!!

(student response)
I enjoy taking tests on the iPad. On the essay questions, I enjoy typing the answer instead of writing it. When I write the answer to the essay question, I enjoy the spell check. We have an app for maps, I was thinking we could look at the maps and relate it to our unit. For example, we could look at the size of Prussia (Germany) before WWI and see how that relates to why Hitler wanted it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment